You Are My Jazz By Carla Davis

 

POETRY POETRY POETRY - YOU ARE MY JAZZ By Carla Davis

 (used by permission of the author)

01/06/2016 this was written and I haven’t done much since...I need to start writing again... -Carla Davis

My pulse you can feel when your lips kiss my neck & my heart beats
irregular as prickly hairs stand erect ...
You are my BASS
Vocal your words most powerful ...
Unwisely used can be oh so harmful ....
My brass stomach emulates a whirlwind ...
As a reed to your lips a family of woodwind .....
You are my SAX
I love your old soul mirroring RAGTIME ...
Yes you both prove difficult to define ...
Still grinding & running you're so HIP-HOP ...
Yet chill like the spliff at a REGGAE spot ...
Right words you say smooth as R&B ...
I speak of this often but kept between you and me ...
My emotions erratic does BLUES with its RHYTHMS ...
So many varied sub genres there's no end to your visions ....
BUT Wikipedia says the key elements to you is improvisation ...
YOU ARE MY JAZZ !!! ___________________________
Please Support Our Sponsors and Live Events
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Poetry Poetry: I Am Here To Read For The Part

God Bless The Child By Kali The Poet